Snowflake Partner Connect¶
Easily create trial accounts with one or more of Snowflake’s business partners and integrate those accounts with Snowflake. This feature provides a convenient means to try additional tools and services and adopt the ones that meet your business needs.
Currently, Partner Connect supports the following data integration services:
Support for additional Snowflake partners is planned.
In this Topic:
This feature is limited to account administrators (i.e. users with the ACCOUNTADMIN role) who have a verified email address in Snowflake. Switch to the ACCOUNTADMIN role or contact a team member who has that role.
To verify your email address in the Snowflake web interface:
- Select Preferences » General from the dropdown menu next to your login name. The Preferences page appears.
- In the User Information area, add or verify your email address by clicking the appropriate link(s) in the Email Address field.
Connecting with Snowflake Partners¶
To initiate a trial account with any Snowflake partner currently included in Partner Connect:
Log into the Snowflake web interface.
Click the user menu » Switch Role » ACCOUNTADMIN to change to the account administrator role.
Click on each of the partner buttons to read a description of the application and its requirements.
Click the Connect button below the partner description to initiate creating a trial account with the partner and connecting that partner application to Snowflake.
Note that connecting a partner application with Snowflake automatically creates a set of related objects in Snowflake, including a database, warehouse, default user, and custom role. The partner application uses these objects when reading from or writing to your account.
Connection Already Exists¶
If your organization already has an account with any supported partner, opened with the partner directly or through Partner Connect on a different Snowflake account, initiating another trial account could fail with the message that a connection already exists. In this case, the trial must be initiated directly through the partner.
Modifying Network Policies¶
If you use Network Policies to restrict access to your Snowflake account based on user IP address, you must add the partner IP addresses to the list of allowed IP addresses for your active account policy. For instructions, see Modifying Network Policies.
The following table provides links to the IP addresses for each partner:
|Snowflake Partner||Link to Partner IP Addresses|
|Alooma||Alooma IP addresses|
|Fivetran||Fivetran IP addresses|
|Stitch||Stitch IP addresses|
Launching Partner Applications¶
After a partner application is connected to Snowflake, click the corresponding button on the Snowflake Partner Connect page. Click the Launch button to open the partner application web site.
Security Roles and Snowflake Objects¶
The partner application uses the created PC_<partner_name>_USER user and PC_<partner_name>_ROLE role to access the Snowflake objects created for application access:
- Database: PC_<partner_name>_DB
- Warehouse: PC_<partner_name>_WH
By default, the PUBLIC role is granted to the PC_<partner_name>_ROLE role. The PC_<partner_name>_ROLE can access any objects allowed by grants to the PUBLIC role.
In addition, the PC_<partner_name>_ROLE role is granted to the SYSADMIN role. This creates a role hierarchy, allowing users with the SYSADMIN or ACCOUNTADMIN role to also access the Snowflake objects created for application access.
Disconnecting from a Partner Account¶
If you decide to not continue with a trial account initiated through Partner Connect for any reason, complete the following steps:
- Log into the Snowflake web interface.
- Click the user menu » Switch Role » ACCOUNTADMIN to change to the account administrator role.
- Click the Partner Connect tab. The Snowflake Partner Connect page opens.
- Click on the button for the partner application you are disconnecting from. Note the names of the database, warehouse, system user, and role objects created for the partner application.
- Drop each of the objects using the corresponding DROP <object> command.
- Contact Snowflake Support to stop the partner account trial and remove the checkmark from the Partner Connect button.