Snowflake supports bulk import (i.e. loading) of data from one or more files into tables in Snowflake databases:
- Supported file formats for data loading:
- Any flat, delimited plain text format (comma-separated values, tab-separated values, etc.)
- Semi-structured data in JSON, Avro, ORC, Parquet, or XML format (XML is currently supported as a preview feature).
- Supported character encoding format for data files: UTF-8.
As data is loaded, Snowflake converts the data into an optimized internal format for efficient storage, maintenance, and retrieval.
- Overview of Data Loading
- Summary of Data Loading Features
- Loading Data Using the Web Interface (Limited)
- Loading Data Using SnowSQL
- Transforming Data During a Load
- Data Loading Considerations
- Tutorial: Loading Basic CSV Files Using SnowSQL
- Tutorial: Loading Data from an Internal Stage
- Tutorial: Loading Data from an External Amazon S3 Location