Tutorial: Bulk Loading from a Local File System Using COPY¶
This tutorial describes how to load data from files in an internal Snowflake stage into a table.
You will learn how to:
Create named file formats that describe your data files.
Create named stage objects.
Stage your data files to internal Snowflake stages.
Load your data into Snowflake tables.
Resolve errors in your data files.
The tutorial covers loading of both CSV and JSON data.
- Est. Time
- Est. Credits
Before You Begin:
- Step 1. Create File Format Objects
- Step 2. Create Stage Objects
- Step 3. Stage the Data Files
- Step 4. List the Staged Files (Optional)
- Step 5. Copy Data into the Target Tables
- Step 6. Resolve Data Load Errors Related to Data Issues
- Step 7. Verify the Loaded Data
- Step 8. Remove the Successfully Loaded Data Files
- Step 9. Congratulations!