Tutorial: Bulk Loading from a Local File System Using COPY¶
This tutorial describes how to load data from files in an internal Snowflake stage into a table.
You will learn how to:
- Create named file formats that describe your data files.
- Create named stage objects.
- Stage your data files to internal Snowflake stages.
- Load your data into Snowflake tables.
- Resolve errors in your data files.
The tutorial covers loading of both CSV and JSON data.
|Interface:||SnowSQL (CLI Client)|
|Est. Time:||20-30 minutes|
|Est. Credits:||< 1|
Before You Begin:
- Step 1. Create File Format Objects
- Step 2. Create Stage Objects
- Step 3. Stage the Data Files
- Step 4. List the Staged Files (Optional)
- Step 5. Copy Data into the Target Tables
- Step 6. Resolve Data Load Errors Related to Data Issues
- Step 7. Verify the Loaded Data
- Step 8. Remove the Successfully Loaded Data Files
- Step 9. Congratulations!