System Usage & Billing¶
All Snowflake costs are based on usage of data storage and compute resources:
- Usage for data storage is calculated on the daily average amount of data (in bytes) stored in the system for:
- Files staged for bulk data loading/unloading (can be stored compressed or uncompressed).
- Database tables, including historical data for Time Travel (always compressed by Snowflake).
- Fail-safe for database tables (always compressed by Snowflake).
- Usage for compute resources is calculated based on the number of Snowflake credits used by virtual warehouses to execute queries, load/unload data, and perform other DML operations.
Snowflake provides numerous methods, in both the web interface and SQL, for monitoring and controlling your storage and credit usage.