- Warehouse & Resource Monitor DDL
Removes the specified virtual warehouse from the system.
DROP WAREHOUSE [ IF EXISTS ] <name>
- Specifies the identifier for the warehouse to drop. If the identifier contains spaces, special characters, or mixed-case characters, the entire string must be enclosed in double quotes. Identifiers enclosed in double quotes are also case-sensitive.
- Dropped warehouses cannot be recovered; they must be recreated.
- When this command is issued, Snowflake aborts any queries being processed by the specified warehouse and immediately shuts down the servers utilized by the warehouse. This prevents the warehouse from consuming any more Snowflake credits.
To prevent in-progress queries from being aborted for a dropped warehouse (i.e. you wish the queries to be completed):
- First suspend the warehouse.
- After all the queries have completed, drop the warehouse.