- User & Security DDL (Users)
Describes a user, including the current values for the user’s properties, as well as the default values.
DESCRIBE can be abbreviated to DESC.
DESC[RIBE] USER <name>
- Specifies the identifier for the user to describe. If the identifier contains spaces or special characters, the entire string must be enclosed in double quotes. Identifiers enclosed in double quotes are also case-sensitive.
- Individual users can see their own properties by executing this command and specifying their own
- This command does not show the session parameter defaults for a user. Instead, use SHOW PARAMETERS IN USER.
- To post-process the output of this command, you can use the RESULT_SCAN function, which treats the output as a table that can be queried.