This table function can be used to query the average daily data storage usage, in bytes, for all the Snowflake stages in your account within a specified date range. The output will include storage for:
- Named internal stages.
- Default staging areas (for tables and users).
This function returns stage storage usage within the last 6 months.
STAGE_STORAGE_USAGE_HISTORY( [ DATE_RANGE_START => <constant_expr> ] [, DATE_RANGE_END => <constant_expr> ] )
All the arguments are optional.
DATE_RANGE_START => constant_expr, .
DATE_RANGE_END => constant_expr
The date range, within the last 6 months, for which to retrieve stage storage usage:
- If an end date is not specified, then CURRENT_DATE is used as the end of the range.
- If a start date is not specified, then
DATE_RANGE_ENDis used as the start of the range (i.e. the default is one day of storage usage).
If the range falls outside the last 6 months, an error is returned.
- Returns results only for the ACCOUNTADMIN role or any role that has been explicitly granted the MONITOR USAGE global privilege.
- When calling an Information Schema table function, the session must have an INFORMATION_SCHEMA schema in use or the function name must be fully-qualified. For more details, see Information Schema.
The function returns the following columns:
|Column Name||Data Type||Description|
|USAGE_DATE||DATE||Date of this storage usage record|
|AVERAGE_STAGE_BYTES||NUMBER||Number of bytes of stage storage used|
Retrieve average daily storage usage for the past 10 days for all internal stages in your account:
select * from table(information_schema.stage_storage_usage_history(dateadd('days',-10,current_date()),current_date()));