SQL Function Reference¶
These topics provide reference information for the system-defined functions.
Summary of Functions — combined summary of all system-defined functions. Can be used as a quick-reference.
All Functions (Alphabetical) — alphabetical list of all system-defined functions (scalar, aggregate, table, etc.).
Scalar Functions — functions that take a single row/value as input and return a single value:
- Bitwise Expression Functions
- Conditional Expression Functions
- Context Functions
- Conversion Functions
- Data Generation Functions
- Date & Time Functions
- Numeric Functions
- Semi-structured Data Functions
- String Functions (Regular Expressions) — regular expression (search) functions
- String & Binary Functions
- Utility & Hash Functions
Aggregate Functions — functions that take multiple rows/values as input and return a single value.
Window Functions — subset of aggregate functions that can operate on a subset of rows.
Table Functions — functions that return results in tabular format.
System Functions — functions that perform control operations or return system-level information.